Thursday 22 March 2012

Harsh.TV Does A Great Interview with The Very Talented William Dark from The HOT Band OTTOKRAFT

Harsh.TV Does A Great Interview with The Very Talented William Dark from The HOT Band
OTTOKRAFT!!!
We talk Current Music Projects, Influences & Inspirations.
A Very Inspirational Interview
Enjoy!!!


Q.Tell us about who you are & What you do?

My name is William Dark, I was born in England but I was raised in France where I actually live. I started music at an early age and played in Indie Rock and Punk Rock bands such as Iao Fraction and Ultrazeen. Now I just started a new project which is an Electro act, named OTTOKRAFT. It' s a DJ Set but also a band, actually we' re three musicians playing in it: Jeremy on Drums, Stef on Bass and myself William on Keys/Machines.


Q: Describe your Music in 5 words

Our music is a combination of traditional Rock and modern alternative sounds


Q: What are your Current projects that you are working on?

At the moment, we' ve just released (digitally) our first album on Cd Baby, Itunes, etc,etc........ And now we' re looking forward to bring OTTOKRAFT on stage. By the way, we are playing at The BUS PALLADIUM (Paris 9ème) on the 1st of June and at The NAMBUCCA in London (Islington) on the 9th of June 2012.
We' re also already working on some new material and looking forward to release a vinyl in a few months.


Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

Well to be honest, I really don' t know Hopefully, I' ll be touring...........


Q: Where do you get your inspiration from?

Most of my inspiration comes from the world surrounding us. I can find it in the music I hear and listen to of course but also in the news, architecture, in what I read, in relationships, etc, etc....... It really depends, I guess I can' t really give you an answer. The only thing I can say is that Inspiration comes from Emotions.


Q: Who would you rather listen to UK or US Music?

I guess I listen to more UK music but there' s a lot of good music coming from the US as well. Maybe 60/50

Q:What Artist do you listen to?

At the moment, I listen at the latest Motor single and the latest Justice album but also The Kills, The Black Keys and The Thermals. That' s for the recent stuff but most of the time, I listen to early seventies music, eighties hard-rock, early Punk Rock, Indie music and of course electronic music from Kraftwerk to The Chemical brothers.


Q:Who influences your music?

The list would be too long to write down, sorry for the ones I' ve forgotten, but just now the few names that are coming to my head are Jesus and Mary Chain, Bauhaus, Primal Scream, Joy Division, a lot of Manchester' s music, The Damned, NIN, Miles Davis, John Coltrane and the Love Supreme, Henry Rollins, Hunter S Thompson, Stanley Kubrick, Dali, Serge Gainsbourg, Charles Bukowski, The Black Panthers, John Sinclair, Anthony Burgess, etc, etc..............


Q: Please describe your fashion style in 5 words?

Dark, skinny, Rock and Roll, minimalist and post modern


Q: How can people Contact you & Collaborate with you?

They can reach me by mail at: ottokraftmusic@gmail.com
But also on OTTOKRAFT' s website: http://ottokraft.com/
Where you can listen to the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment