Saturday 18 July 2015

Harsh.TV Does An Exclusive Catch Up Interview With The Beautiful singer, songwriter and producer Reno Ka



 Please may you introduce yourself to Harsh.TV?
 I am Reno Ka, singer, songwriter and producer. I am 26 years old and based in London and Berlin. 

What have you been up to since your last Interview with Harsh.TV?

I have completed my studies in media management with focus on music management. Besides of that I had the pleasure to work with amazing artists and release on great labels such as Defected, KMS, Lapsus Music, Cajual..  which I always wanted to release on and there's more music coming up soon. I am working on several projects at the moment but don't want to tell too much before the tracks are completed. Every song is different from each other but still represents what I want to say. New projects that I am very excited about. I also just recently started my own record label. 

What is your latest project?
I am actually working on a couple of different projects at the moment. I am very excited for the new stuff to come out and I hope you will like it too.  

Who are you listening to at the moment?
To be honest, I haven't really been listening to a lot of House Music lately. Right now I am getting my inspiration from old classics and Soulful Music. I found one of my older playlists a couple of weeks ago with some Anita Baker and Jill Scott tracks, which have been on repeat for two weeks now. I love when you find old tunes you used to listen to years ago, it takes you back to that time and always proves that great records never come out of fashion- A great record never gets old. I am a huge fan of live- music with a special touch, such as James Blake's music. He is very talented and has an extraordinary style that gives me goosebumps each time I am listening to his tunes.


Where can fans buy your music from?
My music is available online on platforms such as iTunes, Traxsource, Beatport etc. and in some selected record stores.  
Besides of that you can listen to my music on: www.soundcloud.com/renoka  - and on YouTube where you will also find a cover of Amy Winehouse's "Stronger than me", which I did a couple of years ago. This is also one of my favorite songs- The lyrics remind me of a tough chapter of my past. When I look back today I can feel the energy of the words Amy is singing. 


Tell us 3 interesting facts about yourself?
I have a belly button phobia .. It drives me crazy to see someone play with their belly button.. or mine.. Haha
I write much better lyrics when I'm sad.
Theres nothing that makes me more nervous than doing a power point presentation in front of a SMALL audience. That shit scares me.

How can people contact you if they would like to work with you?
My Facebook Page is the easiest way to get in touch with me: https://www.facebook.com/Renoka1988
or just drop me a line at renoka1988@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment